Zone Conference and Prayers Answered

7:04:00 PM

On Friday, I attended my last Zone Conference! So strange. The training from President Bekker was pretty much the same material he trained us at MLC last month. We focused on strengthening self-conversion, and if I could sum everything I learned in one sentence, it would be that conversion requires daily effort, just as we rely on Heavenly Father for guidance one day at a time. Just like the rising of the sun, personal revelation is revealed usually a bit at a time. The new missionaries shared their testimonies and the departing missionaries did too. It was an emotional experience, but I'm happy that I could look back with no regrets! 

Area:
1) People here in this community love and support missionary work so much! We had one married couple who literally fed us dinner one week ago, but signed up again because they didn't want us to starve(there weren't a ton of people in church because of the changing semester and move-outs). I felt so much gratitude for them because they didn't have that much food, but were willing to serve us because wanted to take care of us. Living here in this community really taught me the importance of ministering to our fellow brothers and sisters and serving each other. Because they demonstrate this SO well here!

2) New semester begins tomorrow, and yesterday we heard many testimonies of freshmen/returned missionaries! Testimonies are so sweet.

3) We ate dinner with two senior couple missionaries in our wards, and I love hearing their testimony. Elder Smith shared how some of his life experiences were so excruciating, that Christ literally carried him. I don't think I've had any experiences to that extent, but I'm sure I will in the future. I love this little equation " Me + Christ = more " Jesus Christ can carry our burdens, strengthen us, and help us overcome anything. :) Looking back, the scriptures or messages we shared, were exactly what they needed to hear too. The Spirit truly guides us so our messages are perfect for the listeners.

VC:
1) We've shown the new video called "Welcome to Laie" in Mandarin to a few Chinese tour groups and they really like it! It's fun hearing the newer Chinese speaking sisters bear their testimony.

2) Sister Domingo and I have been working on bearing our testimonies of Jesus Christ when we teach others here in the Visitors Center! She's doing so great, and she's beginning to feel more comfortable talking with the guests and continuing conversation! 

3) We met a couple named Rona and Daniel from Sacramento, California, and Rona was super interested in everything we shared with her and said she was going to learn more online! We meet so many people that we share the gospel with, but they're not always sincerely interested to learn more, whether with us, or on their own. But she was intently listening to us, especially when we talked about the living prophet! :)

4) Yesterday, we had a really good chat with a guy named Ryan. He asked us what we thought about Jesus Christ, so we began talking about the Atonement and what it means for each of us. He believed that we're all saved by grace, and that Jesus Christ is God, and didn't understand how Jesus Christ could take away our sins. These kind of conversations would take a while because there we would have to teach the trinity vs. Godhead, and more. We actually wanted to keep in touch with us to keep discussing this topic, and we invited him to meet with local missionaries, and he was completely open! What's interesting is that, when we asked him why he came on mormon.org, he said he felt prompted by the Spirit to talk with Mormons! Nothing is a coincidence. :)

5) We talked to another member named Bryan, who doesn't believe He has a testimony of God anymore. He said he had struggles when the church made its stand on same-sex marriage, and other issues related to that topic. We tried to explain to him that this isn't a new doctrine at all, and that the family, is center to God's plan. Eventually we had to transfer him because we had an appointment, but talking to him reminded me of how important it is for us to have a testimony of revelation from God to the prophet. I know that God's way will lead to more happiness than whatever I think is best, and His plan is founded upon a family between a man and a woman. Nothing can replace that social unit! Sometimes I'm frustrated because others may think we're being "judgmental," but if we are truly following Jesus Christ, we will continue to show love towards anyone, no matter what struggles they face. For more info, go to https://mormonandgay.lds.org/

6) Earlier this week, I've been praying that either Sister Domingo or I would meet really prepared people, who would like to learn more from missionaries. Unfortunately, I had to split up from her when it got busy, but I met a sweet family (the first picture, they're cousins), from Illinois, and I was able to testify of Joseph Smith's experience, gave them their own Book of Mormon, and they were excited to keep in touch with me and meet the missionaries! I played the Christus narration to them and I asked them, "How has Jesus Christ blessed you in your life?" and the little girl said, "Man, He helps me through EVERYTHING, through the good and bad!" That was so cute! Haha. Although Sister Domingo wasn't with me, I was so happy to have my prayers answered, because I wanted her to either have an experience, or hear one of my recent experiences of helping someone learn the gospel. 

7) So last experience is totally Sister Domingo's contact online. This phone call made me want to ry, because I was happy, but also sad because I love missionary work so much, and I can't experience these specific moments after a few weeks. :( 

Jeff and Caralee are a couple who have two daughters and another baby on the way. They originally requested for a Bible, and as we talked, he revealed to us that he was actually homeless up until recently, but during those times, two elders would talk with him, share messages, and help him rely on Jesus Christ. Now they have a small apartment as a family, but he'll never forget those elders and their service, which gave him hope and helped him to feel special. He's worked really hard to get a job and a home now, and is really excited to meet the missionaries again and learn the gospel. The Spirit testified to me that missionaries are changing hearts everywhere! Bless their hearts. :) I tried not to cry too much after this call, because all of a sudden, I felt really emotional. It's such a great privilege to serve as a missionary, and I love witnessing these converting experiences.

Scripture of the week: Ether 4:11-12
 "11 But he that believeth these things which I have spoken, him will I visit with the manifestations of my Spirit, and he shall know and bear record. For because of my Spirit he shall know that these things are true; for it persuadeth men to do good.

 12 And whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do good is of me; for good cometh of none save it be of me. I am the same that leadeth men to all good; he that will not believe my words will not believe me—that I am; and he that will not believe me will not believe the Father who sent me. For behold, I am the Father, I am the light, and the life, and the truth of the world."

Pictures:
*disclaimer: I got a trim today so my hair length is to my collarbones now! 💇

Kristale and Catrina, who I met a few days ago, super sweet family, and wanted to learn more! :)

​Back in the TC room (where we do online missionary work)!

​We watched the sunrise this morning at Laie Point. Nature is so perfect!


​Went to the temple last Tuesday! It rained a bit.

Love,
Sister Wu

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images