charity > love

9:48:00 PM

Guess what?!
1) Tomorrow marks the first day of my last transfer on my mission, which means I only have 6 weeks left on my mission...
2) I've been released as a STL(sister training leader) and called as a trainer!!! The one and only time I'll train on my mission haha. My new companion will be Sister Domingo! She is Filipino, but called to serve here at the VC Korean speaking. I heard she's a big fan of Korean dramas and apparently fluent in Korean because of that, we'll find out I guess. But it's kind of funny that I like Korean dramas too hahaha. I'm super excited to train! But also be with a companion that is so excited to begin her mission and has no idea what she's getting herself into! Hahaha. I've never had a companion who was so new on her mission. I know I will be exhausted but I will have SO much fun loving and serving her. My last transfer to stretch and grow in the best way possible! 

We are receiving five new sisters tomorrow, and three sisters are departing. I'll see Sister Lee again soon, Sister Yeung was my companion in the beginning of my mission, and Sister Ng and I have served together in leadership for the last three transfers! 

VC(quick updates):
1) On Friday night, my voice was super sore. And on the weekend, it was dying, so with the help of much water, Halls, Nyquil, and medicine, my voice is now 90% full capacity. Yay! Probably many prayers too. Thank goodness. As a missionary, losing your voice is the worst! Nobody can hear you. :( And I can't sing.

2) We had cleaning checks last week and our pad won! We are "star cleaners." Yes!

3) I talked to a girl named Melissa, from Canada, on chat the other day. She asked me two questions. One was , "what is it like to be a Mormon?" and, "what is the Book of Mormon?" I shared with her basically my testimony and how my faith in God and Jesus Christ is the center of my life, affecting all my decisions and perspective. Then I taught her about the restoration of the gospel, and she seemed genuinely curious to know if it was true. She wasn't quite ready to read the Book of Mormon herself, but I still shared my testimony. Then she left the conversation and I had to go to prayer meeting (before our shift). I'll never know what she's going to do, but I'm glad I taught and testified of the truth, and now she can act on her curiosity if she chooses to. I found out later she replied to me 7 minutes after, but I was gone haha.

4) For transfer news (the big reveal if  you will switch companions or switch areas), we created a video of Sister Ng sketching out each new companionship, which was a lot of work! Last minute, they had to make some changes, and on the night of, we had technical difficulties, but it all worked out and it was miracle!

5) Joey is an investigator that we're keeping in touch with online, and he's preparing for baptism next month! He set that goal a few weeks ago, and loves what he's learning from the local missionaries.

6) On Thursday afternoon, Sister Lor and I had an empty tram tour, so we went online for that 20 minutes. Usually this time, it's unlikely we're taking live interactions even if we try to call them, because they may not pick up. But we called Rita, who requested for a Book of Mormon. And she told us her mom actually passed away a few days ago. We testified of God's perfect love for her, His plan of happiness, and she's being taught by the missionaries now. Every minute that we are anxiously engaged in missionary work, Heavenly Father gives us opportunities to bless the lives of others. It is so fun!

I love the First Presidency Message from this month's Ensign. President Uchtdorf says, "If we would keep the commandment to love one another, we must treat each other with compassion and respect, showing our love in day-to-day interactions. Love offers a kind word, a patient response, a selfless act, an understanding ear, a forgiving heart. In all our associations, these and other such acts help make evident the love in our hearts...Love is the very essence of the gospel, the noblest attribute of the human soul. Love is the remedy for ailing families, ill communities, and sick nations. Love is a smile, a wave, a kind comment, and a compliment. Love is sacrifice, service, and selflessness." Charity is the pure love of Christ, and I testify that life is so much more fulfilling and happy when you are developing that attribute. That's why missions are fun - we're putting others first and trying to figure out how we can serve them - by sharing the gospel.

Scripture: 3 Nephi 27:27
" And know ye that ye shall be judges of this people, according to the judgment which I shall give unto you, which shall be just. Therefore, what manner of men ought ye to be? Verily I say unto you, even as I am."

Pictures:

​Neat story here! This couple actually went inside the VC, didn't talk to any sisters, but Sister Chong at the front desk (senior sister) invited them to take the pamphlets and fill out a guest card, which this guy did! And when they walked outside, we took them up to the temple, and taught them the role of the Book of Mormon. When we offered the guest card, he said he already filled it out! And he took a Book of Mormon and everything else!

​This group of YSA are actually from Canada somewhere and met me and my trainer in the beginning of my mission. They came back a few days ago and wanted to say hi! So unexpected that they remembered us. 

​This is what accounting looks like here at the VC. Every week we add up the stats! Goals vs. actuals. Next transfer, I can just sit back and receive training from the new STLs hehe.

​We had lunch with Elder and Sister Chong today! They share funny travel experiences where they didn't listen to the Spirit, and when Heavenly Father answered their prayers. We love them!

Love,
Sister Wu

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images