I LOVE food

6:04:00 PM

Aloha everyone! This update is pretty brief....

It's good to be back here in YSA On-Campus and Married Student 2nd Ward! I haven't met many people yet, but it's nice to see familiar faces. We haven't been able to visit much either just because our schedule has been hectic and we're assigned to spend more online time on Saturdays. On the bright side, we get to interact with more people, and follow-up with our contacts online. John from Toronto met with the elders and said he would check out church on Sunday! It's so fun to teach someone from back home haha. Another girl named Kailey from Windsor wants to learn more about our church, and it was such a sweet conversation as we talked more about how this religion has helped me in my life, and what she should expect at church, etc. And one Persian woman came with her mom, and took back a Farsi Book of Mormon. Miracles happening every day! Sometimes when we spend time online, it's so crazy, because I'm always multi-tasking and it's kind of hard to keep track of everyone, and if I need to call them or not. But I'm getting more organized thanks to Excel hahaha. 

On our first week together, Sister Leng and I met some great people. The weather has been crazy too, lots of rain and wind, and Hurricane Darby passed by Hawaii too, but seems like didn't do any harm (major). Yesterday, everyone took precautions so homes wouldn't be flooded, and it was raining alllll day. But despite the rain, Chinese buses came! So grateful everyone is safe. 

Yesterday in church we learned about "The Healing Ointment of Forgiveness" from the last General Conference. I think about what a stubborn person I am, and how in the past it wasn't exactly easy for me to let go of things, but that as I've studied Christ's character, and tried to have patience for myself, it's so much easier. When we have patience, and seek strength through Jesus Christ's Atonement, we can feel so much more free, and happier. Seeing beyond other's imperfections and my own imperfections has been such a huge help on my mission, because this is what life is. We aren't perfect, and we sometimes offend or hurt others, and get hurt ourselves, but because God wants us to be happy, we can choose to forgive others and move on. What a blessing it is to have the Atonement and the peace that comes from applying that in our lives. Happiness isn't a destination, but a decision we make. 

We only have one investigator named Ar Lon in our area. He's from Hong Kong and Sister Ting and I have taught him together once, but Sister Leng and I will continue to meet with him and help him recognize the faith he has. When I put myself in an investigator's shoes, there are literally so many things that could hold someone back from joining the church. But the more we understand God's plan for us, and His will, the easier it is to see that this gospel is meant to help us gain happiness. Focusing on the simple things, like the Spirit we feel, or the faith we have, will help us gain a testimony. Elder Holland's closing talk in the last General Conference reminds us that we get blessed just for trying

If any of you are near a Visitors Center(Salt Lake maybe), you should check out the new "Meet the Mormons" stories! And if you haven't watched "Meet the Mormons", you should do that first, it's available on YouTube (in different languages too) and Netflix.

Sister Leng is really good at cooking, so I've loved eating the food she cooks. So thus my food pictures. I've been trying to get to know the more of the sisters and it's interesting to see the new ones and how they're liking missionary work here. 

Scripture of the week: Ether 12:34
"And now I know that this love which thou hast had for the children of men is charity; wherefore, except men shall have charity they cannot inherit that place which thou hast prepared in the mansions of thy Father."

Quote of the week:
"If we put God first, all other things will fall into their proper place or drop out of our lives."
- Ezra Taft Benson (previous President of the Church)

Pictures:
Beef stir fry with tomatoes and cilantro :)

Relief Society had a cooking activity where we learned how to make Fijian curry and Babakau(Fijian fried bread). It was sooooooo yummy. Now I have the recipe...one day I will attempt this!
Sister Leng cooked shrimp, onions, carrots, cilantro. I've going to cherish my blessings this transfer! Haha
Our companionship :) It's hard not to love a sister who cooks good food to share with me...

Love,
Sister Wu

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images