Going full-field!

4:49:00 PM

*My next preparation day will be on Monday!!! (and will be for a while)

Every transfer(6 weeks with your companion) goes by so quickly. I remember when I first found out I was going to be in a trio haha. This week was full of tender mercies from Heavenly Father that it's hard to choose what to write about haha. We had a worldwide broadcast training from the General Authorities last Wed morning and it was all about "Teaching Repentance and Baptizing Converts" and the important role of the Spirit when we teach. It reminded me of how as missionaries we say the Spirit is the teacher, not us. But we are actually being vessels for the Spirit to teach through us; which means we should always prepare for the lesson, and be worthy and receptive to the promptings of the Spirit. And not be afraid to be bold! To be honest, it's not that easy sometimes, especially when you just have to say what's wrong is wrong in the sight of God. But we just have to remember that counsel and try our best.

We got a new investigator last week! Her name is Brady and I remember one of my first weeks here in Laie, Sister Buday and I visited her and she was so not interested in the gospel. I saw her at church two weeks ago because her Grandma-in-law was giving a talk. But as we were walking to the VC one day, she was coming out with her cousin (who is a member) and said she really wants to know more now. They just watched "Meet the Mormons" and loved it. We were able to teach her the restoration and committed her for baptism and she had such a strong desire because she wants a better environment and future for her little boy Kash. Her husband is a super less active member, but he's coming to church now too! This is probably Heavenly Father's way to remind me that just because someone rejects the gospel once doesn't mean they won't be receptive later. I know this gospel blesses individuals and families both, and people want that, whether they know it or not. :)

On Sunday we brought Win (our investigator from the Marshal Islands) to attend a Return Missionaries Fireside. After they shared their mission experiences and testimonies, we had some training from Bishop Rogers. He's trapped for a living since he was young (don't think he does that now though) and caught many different animals to sell their fur/skin. He shared with us how to trap coyotes and it's by using a small mouse hole under the dirt rather than a huge trap which they can detect right away. When the coyote thinks they're comfortable, that's when they get trapped. Sorry I suck at explaining the details... but he compared it to how Satan gives us excuses to make us feel comfortable with the small "sins" or mistakes we make, but that's how we slowly get trapped. I love learning through analogy because it gives me a picture. We have to constantly think of what is right and avoid making excuses for doing seemingly small things. E.g. skipping church if you're feeling so tired. As missionaries, we're set apart from the world, and surround ourselves in an environment where it's easy to make good decisions. I want to keep these good habits and characteristics I develop here on my mission for the rest of my life.

OTHER EXCITING NEWS! We had transfer news on Saturday night, and I'm going full-field/full-proselyting!!! I wanted to go later on in my mission because I heard transitioning back to being a VC sister is difficult...but oh well :) So starting tomorrow pretty much, I'll be moving to Kaneohe (south of Oahu) and serving with my new companion Sister Blackner in the Kaneohe 4th Ward. This means I won't be at the VC, but we'll be outside sharing the gospel with strangers, teaching less-active members, etc. I'm excited but I'll miss everyone here for sure. Usually sisters stay out for two transfers, so I'll be there for 3 months (maybe longer too). Sister Castaneda went full-field her third transfer here too. Wish me luck! Every transfer is an adventure with a new companion :) I love serving in the Hawaii Honolulu Mission.

Scripture of the week: Proberbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the Lord with all thing heart; and learn not unto thine own understanding. In all ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."

Authentic Mexican dinner with the Lapense family!
 Selfie with Win!

 It's hard smiling when you have to say goodbye :( Aloha oe to Sister Latu

 We planned to go on tram ... but Sister Ng had to steal Sister Yeung >:(

"I'm so hungry..." 

Last Sunday together at church. Excuse all the trio pictures...we'll never be in this trio again so just trying to take advantage haha.

Can never get enough of this.


Love,
Sister Wu

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images