Let your light so shine!

8:55:00 PM

We went on two exchanges this week and it was fun but tiring haha. Really fun because I get to know and learn from how different sisters approach their missionary work. Tiring because I feel like I talk a lot more on exchanges than I usually do hahaha. I'm grateful it really is learning experiences for both them and me. This week I went on exchanges with Sister Webb (she's new this transfer), and Sister Nielsen (a bit past halfway done), both from Idaho! I'm learning a lot on focusing on what Heavenly Father needs me to say, in helping sisters reach their potential as missionaries, and also helping them realize how great they already are doing.

Yesterday Sister Evans and I were able to speak in a YSA sacrament meeting. Bishop Kaitoku asked me to base my talk on "A Sacred Trust" by President Monson, in a previous General Priesthood Session. As I prepared the talk, I realized what a huge blessing it is to have the priesthood authority restored in this church. Although President Monson focused on the importance of always being worthy and prepared to use the priesthood authority to bless others' lives, I thought of how important it is for all of us, to stay true to our baptism covenant, and stand as a witness of Jesus Christ at all times, in all places, and in all things. We never know when we can be an instrument of God to serve someone in need, but we can have that trust from Him when we strive to have His Spirit to be with us.

VC:
1) Yesterday we had a special visit from Elder Andersen from the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. He spoke today at BYUH's Commencement, and we were privileged to have him speak to the VC sisters even just briefly. Honestly, I feel really lucky to have met several members of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles speak to us personally. Their is a different spirit in the room when they come in, because the Spirit always testifies to us they truly are men called of God. What stood out to me, was that Elder Andersen reminded us that we hold up the light of Christ, and when visitors see the His light radiating from within us, they will never forget their experience here. We don't see the effects of our work, but it truly does go on and on. I definitely know that what he shared was a message that all of us needed a good reminder of. We put our best efforts forward because we want others to feel the love of their Savior, and to know the blessings Heavenly Father has in store for them.

2) When I was with Sister Webb, we prayed for an opportunity to teach and testify together. We met a man named Bob and his son. They were just passing by, but we taught them more about temples and the Book of Mormon. They had time since they weren't from the tram tours, and we learned that Bob did some bad things, where he could've faced up to 30 years in jail. He prayed really hard for half an hour, and came out with no charges (remember though that prayer is to align our will with God's will, in this case, it worked out in his favor). He realized this really was a second chance to live a better life, a life of serving others, and reaching out like Christ did. We listened to the Christus narration, and testified of how much peace comes into our lives when we follow Jesus Christ's teachings. He wanted to learn more from the local missionaries!

3) I was trying to contact the people I have in my contact list, who haven't replied to me, and finally got Ranielle on the other line of the phone (Book of Mormon request). She wants to have the same faith as her daughter's best friend's family(members). "They are such wonderful and good people. I truly want what they have and I know it is from their faith and their belief in Jesus. The mother of my daughter's friend is an inspiration of faith and love. She has a child who is profoundly handicap by cerebral palsy and I know her strength comes from her faith. They live/lead by example. My beautiful daughter has found peace at her friend's church. Her friend is in California but has come to visit her. The friend is an example. I've never had a more polite child in my house she is 14 like my daughter. My husband left us, we really need peace."

I'm constantly amazed at the example members throughout the world lead. We live by faith, and it isn't easy. But happiness and peace is not given to us on a silver platter; we try our best to build or foundation on Jesus Christ, and then we have the strength to bear all things. The joy that comes from living the gospel is a deep joy. A joy that only Christ can give us!

Scripture of the week: Matthew 5:14-16
"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

Quote:
"To be a witness of God at all times and in all places reflects both how we live and how we speak." - Elder Andersen "A Witness of God" Oct 2016 General Conference


Pictures:

Group picture yesterday with the Swintons, Elder Andersen and Sister Andersen, Elder Kim B. Clark and Sister and President Tanner (President of BYUH).

Sister Webb and I with Bob and his son Blake :)

At the end of companion exchanges, Sister Nielsen (on my right) and I had a great day!

​This was a baptism of Sister Brown! I talked to Brother Brown, online referral from his sister, and he wanted to be active again in the church after his father passed away. His wife, Sister Brown was previously a not interested at all in the gospel, but really loved the plan of salvation, and wanted to prepare for baptism. Such a sweet experience for their whole family! They're from Idaho. :)

VC Sister Training Leaders: Sister Ng, Sister Walker, Sister Evans, and I (at the tabernable in Honolulu)

Love,
Sister Wu

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images