Faith + diligence = miracles

9:10:00 PM

Aloha!

I can't believe this is already November! About one year ago was when we first landed in Hawaii to begin serving in the Visitors Center. So many changes since then, and so many lessons learned, but I'm super excited for the Christmas season to get here!

I got to go on exchanges (we switch companions for 24 hours) this week with Sister Sicotte, who is learning Mandarin since she's called here Mandarin speaking (she's not Chinese), and Sister Kim, who lived half her life in Thailand. Sister Sicotte's Chinese is super good and she is so diligent at learning and improving her skills; we definitely talked a lot in Chinese that day, and I realized how difficult it is for non-native speakers to understand the various Chinese accents that our visitors have (mostly from mainland China). I'm always so impressed when people are learning Chinese; Heavenly Father definitely blesses them with the gift of tongues!

Area:
1) Sister Evans and I also helped out with a Mission Preparation class in a YSA Ward On-Campus. It was so fun to see the students introduce missionary pamphlets or a pass-along card to one another, and just exciting to see so many students preparing to serve a mission!
2) We attended a few ward councils, and are excited for the new semester with new students! Possibly some who may want to learn more about the gospel :)

VC:
1) When I was with Sister Sicotte, we were on a chat and this guy said he wanted to learn more about forgiveness, and wanted to call us, so we said okay (but the conversation was a little sketchy, like very vague), and when he called I immediately recognized his voice (I know that sounds weird). Once previously, when I was with Sister Leng, we talked to the same guy on chat, who wasted probably an hour of our time, because we thought he was a missionary in a lot of trouble(it sounded too real to be a prank). I told him I recognized his voice and asked if he called us before and he immediately hung up. Then I talked to support so they could block his IP address, so he wouldn't waste anyone else's time. Just thought it was cool we were able to catch him in the act. I just don't understand pranksters, they waste so much time, their time and our time.

2) On a busy evening, I met a sweet Korean lady who came from the PCC. She told me her English wasn't very good, but we had a really sweet conversation as I shared more about the concept of eternal families, temples, and the Book of Mormon. I rarely have many tours with Korean people because either the Korean sisters talk to them or they're not interested in talking with us. By the end of our short time, I was able to testify of how much God loves her and her family, and invited her to learn more. She filled out a guest card, and we became friends! "Your belief is so beautiful." Such a sweet experience, because she truly felt the Spirit, even if I didn't speak her language.

3) Maria, her husband, and her 9 yr old son, were baptized last week!!! They live in Utah, and a lot of obstacles came their way this last month, including a lost home, a car that stopped running, and two deaths in the family, but they knew how to trust in God, and made the decision to get baptized as a family. The gospel provides the answers to solve all our problems, and they had a testimony of that. So even if the circumstances aren't perfect, they know how to have peace. I'm so grateful that missionaries all over the world are able to carry that message to God's children.

4) I got to meet two Chinese families this week who want to learn more about God! And they actually live in North America! Usually, it's a miracle enough if we meet a Chinese individual, who doesn't currently live in Mainland China, interested in learning more, but a family is so much more special! One from Vancouver, Canada and another one from California. The second family wore a matching " I ❤ Hawaii" tshirts, and I thought they lived in Beijing because that's where she told me they're from. I taught her about how much the gospel blesses families, and she really liked that, but I didn't even offer a guest card (guilty)...but! Sister Evans talked to her when she went on the tram (we were on exchanges), and told her about the Book of Mormon, and asked if she wanted a Chinese one delivered. She said yes and filled out the card. Yay for teamwork and always reaching out!

I know that we cannot accomplish this work by ourselves. Without God and Jesus Christ, there is no way for us to have eternal happiness, and no way this message of hope can be received by others. I love missionary work and I'm grateful to be here every day! It is so fun to see others feel the peace and happiness of the Spirit. Because God truly does love each of His children, and want them to return to Him.

Scripture of the week: 1 Nephi 10:18-19 (recent convert Brother Burnell's favorite scripture)
"18 For he is the same yesterday, today, and forever; and the way is prepared for all men from the foundation of the world, if it so be that they repent and come unto him.

 19 For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost, as well in these times as in times of old, and as well in times of old as in times to come; wherefore, the course of the Lord is one eternal round."

Pictures:


Last Monday was Halloween! Laie parties hard, and they all dress up! So fun.

After a long day doing tram tours. Sister Ng, me, Sister Kim, and Sister Allen! Now we wear our VC dresses on tram tours too, so we really do represent the Spirit here at the temple. And we wear yellow leis to differentiate tram sisters and VC sisters.
Willy's picture from the day he was baptized! From New Zealand. His brother drove up to witness this amazing day. "My baptism was great and I have been buzzing (excited) ever since. I received the Aaronic Priesthood last Sunday." 😄

Love,
Sister Wu

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images