REVELATION is REAL!

7:58:00 PM

Last week was actually really eventful!

On Wednesday, we went to Pearl Harbor U.S.S. Missouri ship to do service. We went to a compartment in the ship to do dusting/cleaning, and wore masks and goggles to protect ourselves haha. And then on Saturday, we had a huge missionary special meeting in Honolulu because Elder Renlund and Sister Renlund, President Warner(mission president) and Sister Warner, and Elder Auna (General Area Seventy) and Sister Auna addressed us.

We actually were able to hear from Elder Renlund(an apostle of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles) on Friday morning when he visited just the VC missionaries. Both times, it is custom and respect that when someone arrives in a room and is a member of the General Authorities of the church, everyone will stand up. As soon as he stepped foot in, the atmosphere completely changed and the Spirit was soo strong in the room. I don't care if this sounds dramatic, but everything just testified to me that He is a special witness of God and called of God to be an apostle. I am so grateful for opportunities to hear from living apostles here in the Hawaii Honolulu Mission; this will be the second one I've met so far! 

The training that we received felt like exactly what we all needed to hear. Sister Warner talked about how in everything we do and say, we are either a plus or a minus, adding or subtracting to the conversation. It made me really ponder about our conversations with each other; honestly, sometimes it's super easy to complain about things we don't quite agree with or understand, but it takes strength to edify each other. Elder Renlund was sharing with us how being a successful missionary depends all on our own commitment to do the work - from Preach My Gospel page 11. And he also drew four quadrants, where you either either have positive or negative Attitude mixed with positive or negative Effort. And the quadrant with positive Attitude and Effort is where miracles happen! I just love that reminder for us, to know that we always have a choice in the way we react to trials or situations we don't like. Sister Renlund reminded us that missionary work is all ABOUT OTHERS. We focus on individuals so that they can feel of God's love. 

I love that every time we have training from the General Authorities, it is exactly what we need to hear. I know that it's because they receive revelation on behalf of what Heavenly Father needs us to know. It's always an amazing experience to humble ourselves and realize that there is so much to improve; I've been on my mission half-way but I still have a ton to learn.

In other news, we weren't able to spend much time at Ward Camp, but one afternoon during our proselyting time, we figured we would visit and help out since most members were there anyway (usually we would visit their homes). Sister Furukawa and I helped peel ginger so they could prepare for the dinner (chicken long rice) and met a few families along the way.

Sister Lee and I actually have the same VC shift I think twice or thrice a week, but we are starting to do role-plays in Chinese and it's so fun haha. So many Chinese tour buses come, it's crazy! But I think I'm getting used to it, I just try my best to talk to them, and give them pictures of the temple with the website on the back. But the best part is seeing some of them take Book of Mormons back. Thankfully, we restocked on the Simplified Chinese ones. The most funny is watching them all do various poses when they take pictures... haha too cute. China is definitely being prepared for the gospel, when I think about how many people are exposed to the religion when they visit the US, and even all the children who are in Chinese immersion classes in Utah. Yay! 

Sister Furukawa and I have been visiting some members of our ward, and I'm just reminded of how blessed we are to be surrounded by so much love from the people here. There really is nothing like the spirit of the gospel in this town of Laie.

Scripture of the week: 3 Nephi 20:42
"For ye shall not go out with haste nor go by flight for the Lord will go before you, and the God of Israel shall be your rearward." (I read this during studies and I think it's so cool, the same thing is repeated in 3 Nephi 21:29, Heavenly Father will be our support)

Pictures:

In our masks...it was literally so hot to breathe in. I felt like four-eyes...but I didn't wear those long, since my glasses could protect me anyway. Service at Pearl Harbor - USS Missouri


They used to eat in here! We dusted, but then the elders would dust the pipes on top, then that would fall, and we would re-dust/clean haha


​Josie is a cute little Chinese girl and was adopted by her parents, who came to visit our ward on Sunday(living in Beijing). She was actually raised in an orphanage where they taught Christian beliefs so she shared all about Adam and Eve in Primary (I translated into English) She's preparing for baptism in a few weeks in LA. So neat!
Peeling ginger against crazy wind, preparing "chicken long rice" for ward camp! 

​Sister Furukawa cooked us Japanese curry. I was happy. So was Sister Lee and her companions! We shared :) 

Love,
Sister Wu

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images