Miracles do not cease

7:41:00 PM

It's officially December! If you'd like a Christmas card from us, please let me know your address! We'll try to send out some this week. :)
And 20 days until Christmas! 

This past week was full of wonderful conversations and people. I love love showing the Christmas video to others because it just touches their hearts, and reminds all of us to think less of ourselves, and reach out to others. 

"How often have you intended to be the one to help? And yet how often has day-to-day living interfered and you’ve left it for others to help, feeling that “oh, surely someone will take care of that need”... My brothers and sisters, we are surrounded by those in need of our attention, our encouragement, our support, our comfort, our kindness—be they family members, friends, acquaintances, or strangers. We are the Lord’s hands here upon the earth, with the mandate to serve and to lift His children. He is dependent upon each of us." (quoted from President Thomas S. Monson). So continue to seek for opportunities and do them!

A few days ago, I bumped into some friends visiting from Toronto! So sweet. Peony and Jamieson were on the temple grounds so it was nice to see familiar faces and take pictures. 

VC:
1) One evening, an Indian family from San Francisco came to the Visitors Center, and we were able to show him the Book of Mormon in his language (Telagu). His daughter was about 7 years old and also asked us a few questions about Jesus Christ's mom, Mary. He was so amazed and touched to see scripture translated in his native language, and we were able to testify of how the gospel really does spread to the whole world. He apologized for his excitement and said said what a special moment it was for him, so he took a picture of it too. We handed him an English copy to take home and he filled out a guest card. What a neat thing to see, that so many people have worked hard to translate the Book of Mormon in the various languages today so anyone can learn the gospel of Jesus Christ! 

In relation to this, a student named Isaac shared his testimony in sacrament meeting on Sunday, and he was from Bangladesh, India. He learned of the gospel a few years ago, and prayed to know if he needed to serve a mission. Although he would lose his place in his school(you can't defer for two years), he still did it. And after his mission, he applied for schools abroad, and eventually came to BYU Hawaii. Heavenly Father always gives us blessings when we put our trust in Him and do all that we can. His cousin, who thought he was really stupid for going on a mission, learned the gospel too, and is about to serve a mission now as well! It always amazes me the faith of others; when you know the gospel is true, you just do all that you can to be a true disciple of Christ. There's just no question about it!

2) This is kind of a funny one. We met a small Chinese group that came in, and not surprisingly, a man asked me if we practiced polygamy. After I explained it to him, and no, we do not, he said to me, "if you don't practice polygamy, why do people still talk about it?" Good question. Yay for coming to correct sources and learning the truth!

3)  Recently, we've talked to a lot of prepared people online! The new Christmas video is drawing more people onto the church website, so we have more interactions to take than before. We talked to a few people on chat, who just wanted to learn more. A few Bible requests who were really seeking to change their lives and come closer to God. A few people who had member friends and want to learn more. The Lord is preparing His children to receive the gospel, all over the world! And we are so lucky to be a part of that great work. I wish I could write everything wonderful that happens here, but my emails are just a handful of those experiences!

I have no pictures yet with the new sisters on me, but I'll send them next week! They are awesome. I love the Christmas season. I am grateful for all my experiences that have shaped me today. I am grateful for the simple faith I have in God's plan for me, and in Jesus Christ. I love what Elder Christensen said in the First Presidency Christmas Devotional yesterday, "because He came, we have meaning in our lives." I know that's true, and with Jesus Christ, we know how to live fulfilling lives, we know how to find happiness in the hardest of times, and we know that life can be much more meaningful as we follow Him. 

Scripture of the week: Luke 4:16-18 (Jesus read the scriptures and so can you)
“16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,

18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised.”

Pictures: (90% of all my pictures are in my muumuu hahaha)

The nativity set up by the VC!

Temple at night time.

​Ward Christmas brunch (on exchanges), this sister was a pro at omelet making. It was delicious!

​Sister Taylor and I on exchanges. Of course we had to take a picture with the cool reflection.

​Sister Allen putting on leggings because it's freezing in the VC...burr. 


Love,
Sister Wu

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images